Savannah, GA – Complementary Interventions for Autism, Asperger’s, Sensory & ADHD in Children & Adolescents
5711 Abercorn St
Savannah, GA 31405
Recent research shows that many children and teens with Autism, SPD and ADHD do not receive adequate therapeutic intervention. These diagnoses are now being recognized as part of a larger complex with overlapping symptoms and body-wide impairments affecting several organ systems, not just the brain. The risks for delinquency, substance abuse, social skills deficits, health problems, obsessions, compulsions, sensory processing deficits, and profound academic problems are high for most of these children and teens.
This brand new, practical seminar explores clinical applications from several directions for maximum impact on the child, teen, and family. You will find truly CREATIVE and USER-FRIENDLY STRATEGIES that REALLY WORK for any involved professional or concerned family member. Because it provides a comprehensive set of practical strategies, this seminar is a pivotal training experience for anyone concerned with helping a child or teen with Autism, SPD or ADHD. It details many factors that can decrease symptoms, and you will be able to immediately create and implement a potent program of symptom control upon return to your practice, school, institution or home. It features extensive assessment information and hundreds of specific corrective activities.
PRESENTED BY JOHN TAYLOR Ph.D.: A clinical specialist and expert with extensive experience developing multidisciplinary treatment approaches used by OTs, SLPs, Teachers, PTs and Behavioral Health professionals with children and adolescents challenged by Autism Spectrum disorders, SPD, and ADHD.
- Practical strategies for school, home and public settings
- Identify sensory deficits and common overlaps, including Autism, Asperger's, Learning Disabilities, etc.
- Stop or redirect anger and reduce tantrums
- Improve self-control and social skills in public, school and home settings
- Reduce distractibility and fidgeting in the classroom
- Detailed Manual with Over 300 Sensory-Based Interventions
- Identify and define sensory processing deficits within ADHD and its common overlaps, including Autism, Asperger's, Learning Disabilities, Bipolar Disorder, Tourette's and Depression.
- List practical, valid and specific methods to improve school performance and reduce distractibility.
- List 4 key factors that determine symptom severity each day.
- Determine strategies to uplift self-esteem, enhance sibling relationships, strengthen temptation resistance and increase family harmony.
- Discuss how to integrate academic, psycho-social, sensory-motor, nutritional and pharmaceutical interventions into a powerful symptom-controlling program.
- Cite effective methods to upgrade anger management, friendship, decision-making, apology, assertion and self-control skills.
- Discuss common emotional difficulties experienced by children and teens with these conditions.
- Describe which aspects of parenting skills to focus on in these families.
Have a question about this workshop? Call (800) 433-9570 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.